Sustainability is at the forefront of the way we do business; it is part of our DNA. At every aspect of our processes we are looking at the impact of the build on the environment and how we can reduce it.
We are certified in accordance with ISO 14001 and an accredited Green Living Builder with the Master Builders Association of Australia.
Prime Build have adopted a proactive approach to sustainability and environmental impact. We pride ourselves on mitigating and eliminating risks to the environment we operate in. As a result we have had no significant environmental incidents and we have no non-conformances on record.
As a company we are progressing towards carbon neutrality. Energy efficient lighting and modern electrical equipment has been installed in all of our offices.
We have created and maintain detailed waste management procedures, including metal recycling, that minimise land ll waste and carbon emissions. A recent study on these processes have calculated that in the past 12 months (June 2018 onwards) Prime Build has saved 300 truck trips, equating to a saving of ~37,000kg CO2 emissions.
In considering environmental impact, we seek to:
- Minimise greenhouse gas emissions
- Maximise sustainable suppliers and energy saving initiatives
- Utilise recycled content in production wherever possible
- Recycle and reuse project materials where appropriate
- Minimise the use of water
- Minimise toxicity through selection of materials and practices
- Operate within best practice
- Follow guidelines and codes of the appropriate authorities such as the Environmental Protection Agency
- Look to our peers around the globe to learn and bring more sustainable innovation to what we do
- We are proud to be taking an industry-leading role in creating a more sustainable environment across Australia and will continue to seek out ways to reduce the environmental impact.
- We recognise our responsibility to preserve the natural environment and ensure it remains healthy and sustainable for future generations.